Advent of Ascension Wiki

This wiki is currently being updated to 1.18.2+ versions of the mod. If you are struggling to find information regarding 1.16.5 AoA, or are curious as to why 1.18.2+ versions are being released incomplete, please check out this page.


Advent of Ascension Wiki
Health 25 (♥×12.5)
Size Width: 0.687 blocks
Height: 2.25 blocks
Damage Easy: 3.5 (♥×1.75)
Normal: 5 (♥×2.5)
Hard: 7.5 (♥×3.75)
Armor 2 (Armor icon×1)
Armor toughness 2
Hostility Aggressive
XP Xp Orb 9
ID aoa3:yeti
Version added 1.0

Yetis are hostile melee mobs that spawn naturally in the Overworld.

Spawning[ | ]

Yetis spawn naturally in the Overworld. They will only spawn in biomes tagged as forge:is_snowy at a Y level of 45 or higher.

They will only spawn during the day, and like most other mobs; their spawning can be prevented by placing torches or other lighting blocks nearby to raise the light level above 0.

Behavior[ | ]

Yetis are aggressive, and will attack nearby players and player-owned mobs within 12 blocks of them without provocation. They can attack with 1 of 2 different attacks when in melee range- a 75% chance to do a simple punch attack, or a 25% chance to swing both arms upward and knock the target into the air.

Yetis will follow targets both on land and in water, and are capable of pathfinding around obstacles.

Drops[ | ]

Entity loot
Additional drops from World Tables are not included here
Item Quantity Looting Chance Notes
Nothing - - 35.7%
Sharp Claw Sharp Claw 1 +0-1 per level 7.1%
Bone Bone 1-2 +1-2 per level 14.3%
Snowball Snowball 2-5 - 17.9%
Snow Block Snow Block 1-2 - 8.6%
Packed Ice Packed Ice 1 +0-1 per level 10.7% Chance is increased with each level of luck
Ice Crystal Ice Crystal 1 +0-1 per level 5.7%
The above pool is rolled 1-2 times
Nothing - - 90.9%
Yeti Fingernails Yeti Fingernails 1 - 9.1%
The above pool is rolled 1 time
This pool will only roll if the target was killed by a player, and
if the killer is a player, and if their mainhand item is anything tagged as forge:shears (Tag).

Bestiary Entry[ | ]

The alpine equivalent of the Sasquatch; the Yeti is a fairly simple-minded bipedal creature that can be found in snowy areas of the Overworld.

There's not much to say about the Yeti, as it seems to just roam around at leisure, enjoying the cold.

Trivia[ | ]

  • The Yeti was the second mob to be added to Advent of Ascension.[1]

References[ | ]