If a player dies while at least one piece of Necro armor is worn, the armor will protect and save an item through death. The maximum number of items saved is equal to the amount of Necro armor pieces worn at the time of death.
The mechanics of which items are chosen to save is as follows:
1. Any item that is enchanted with Intervention and/or Curse of Vanishing is automatically skipped, and does not count towards the saved item count.
2. The player's hotbar is scanned from left to right to save up to the maximum amount of items.
3. If the hotbar scan is complete and the maximum amount hasn't been reached, the player's inventory is scanned from top to bottom, left to right.
4. If the inventory scan is complete without reaching the maximum number, the player's armour is scanned, feet to head.
5. Finally, the player's off-hand item is checked if the maximum amount hasn't yet been reached.
Wearing a full set of Necro armor will have it protect the player from a killing blow, healing them to 4 (×2) health instead. Once activated, the ability has an hour-long cooldown before it can be activated again. Each piece of armor will also lose 125 durability when the effect activates.
Necro Armor can be obtained as a drop from the following mobs: