The Alien Orb is an easter egg item. It is mainly used as the beginning of a chain of item conversions that results in the Experiment W-801.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Alien Orbs can currently only be obtained by dying while:
- holding an item that has a registry name beginning with "a"
- wearing a helmet with a registry name beginning with "l"
- wearing a chestplate with a registry name beginning with "i"
- wearing leggings with a registry name beginning with "e"
- wearing boots with a registry name beginning with "n"
The registry name (internal name) for an item should always have the same word order as its normal English language name. However, third party mods are not guaranteed to do this.
Dying in this manner drops one Alien Orb at the player's death spot. If the player is playing in a hardcore world, using an item like a Totem of Undying to save the player from death will also make an Alien Orb spawn.
The Alien Orb does not appear in the creative inventory. It is also unobtainable through /give, as it is instantly deleted when obtained in this matter.
Usage[edit | edit source]
When used, the entire stack of Alien Orbs will be consumed, but the output will always only be one item, so it is a waste to use more than one at a time.
Alien Orbs can be right-clicked on adult Zal Citizens. This will cause them to display a different chat message than normal, but will not consume the orb.
History[edit | edit source]
|3.2||Added Alien Orb.|